You may be eligible to open an HSA if:
- You are not covered by any other non-high deductible health plan, such as a spouse’s plan. Exceptions include dental and vision coverage.
- You are not enrolled in Medicare.
- You do not receive health benefits under TRICARE.
- You have not received Veterans Administration (VA) benefits within the past three months.
- You cannot be claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return.
- You are not covered by a general purpose health care flexible spending account (FSA) or health reimbursement account (HRA).
Other restrictions and exceptions also apply. We recommend that you consult a tax, legal, or financial advisor to discuss your personal circumstances.
First, open your HSA with AccrueHealth
With AccrueHealth, you get an online banking experience specially designed for HSAs. Plus you can earn Health Rewards from Bloomin’ Brands deposited to your AccrueHealth HSA.
Opening your HSA is simple and quick. First, you have to be enrolled in a Bloomin’ Brands Health Savings Account (HSA) medical plan option. Then start gathering the other information you need to open your account. AccrueHealth will ask you for:
- Your Social Security number
- A valid email address
- Primary identification, such as a driver’s license, passport, or government-issued ID
- Your personal banking information, if you wish to make an electronic contribution after you complete your application